Friday, April 21, 2006

Holy christ...

Talk about a lack of updates! Various things have happened, and others have not. Things that have happened:

Michelle and I broke up. Not a huge deal, we both agreed that it was for the best. It was fun, but we both realized that there wasn't really any feelings left and it was pointless to carry on. So I'm single and on the market again.

I signed a lease for my new pad for next semester. I'll be living with an old resident of mine, Marcus, and his girlfriend along with one of his old roommates, Phil. It's going to be an interesting semester, as we've pretty much decided that there will be parties on a semi weekly basis. Rock on.

I've been jocking at the station quite a bit and it's a lot of fun. I've made a bunch of new friends, and everyone who works there is very cool, with a few obvious exceptions.

New bands (at least new to me) have happened! Morningwood (catchy raunch-rock that's perfect for parties), Funeral For A Friend (post-hardcore alt rock, check Sonny and End Of Nothing out), Isis (epic melodic death metal influenced by Godspeed You! Black Emperor), Arch Enemy (metal that I actually like, the riffz are awesomez!), Stellastarr (amazing band, similar to The Bravery mixed with Joy Division and a little bit of Depeche Mode... I think. Basically totally original, totally catchy, buy their Harmonies for the Haunted cd NOW), Talking Heads (I watched the performance DVD "Stop Making Sense" and it blew. my. mind.), Depeche Mode (currently listening to Question Of Time right now... 80s new wave techno fucking ROCKS), Flyleaf (like Avenged Sevenfold mixed with a really hard version of Avril Lavigne... sounds horrible, but it works), 3 (Alien Angel kicks ass), Tool (not new, but their new single Vicarious is amazing... I'm really looking forward to the new cd on May 2, 10,000 Days). Et cetera.

Drew and I are getting slightly into anime. We watched Ghost In The Shell II: Innocence and it was bloody good. So we're netflixing Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone Complex, Full Metal Alchemist, Hellsing, Cowboy Bebop, you know, the classics.

Things that haven't happened:

Beer reviews. I can't get the energy to do anything but enjoy said beers. So trust me when I say that the following are worth trying: North Coast Old Rasputin, New Holland The Poet, New Glarus Road Slush, Capital Dark Doppelbock, Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar, Shakespeare Stout, Chocolate Stout, and Juniper Pale Ale. That's it from the top of my head.

Exercise. I need to get in a rhythm of working out. That, or I can just wait until the summer where I'll inevitably drop about 15 pounds without even trying. Working at a grocery store will do that to you.

Armageddon. I think this is a good thing.

So that's about all I have the time for right now. I have to get some naptime and gametime in before work tonight (I have a feeling that it'll be more game than nap, but sometimes you just have to play some NFL 2k5). Go Brewers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home